Recipe: Savoury Muffins›October 5, 2018 ›Talia ›Recipe, Cooking, Muffins, Healthy, Thermomix Sometimes it is so difficult to find tasty, wholesome and healthy snacks to make at home that the entire family can enjoy. These muffins are great for snacks and freeze really well. The recipe is quick and easy with heaps of hidden vegetables. I love them straight from the oven, with some nice salty butter spread on them and a hot cup of tea and Ashton, my toddler enjoys them for morning or afternoon tea. They are really quick an easy to make.
Tips for Making Great MuffinsUse a silicon muffin pan, if using any other type the mixture sticks and it is very difficult to separate the muffin from the tin or cup cake liner.
Grate the vegetables finely, I use a thermomix, but any food processor would work well.
For a more adult muffin add some cayenne pepper or fresh finely chopped flat leaf parsley.
To make them healthier use wholemeal flour, you can also do half normal flour, half wholemeal if you don't like the taste of wholemeal flour.
Savoury Muffin IngredientsI usually make a double batch as they freeze so well and they are great to have on hand for snacking. The original recipe makes 12.
3/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
1/3 cup olive oil
3/4 cup milk
2 cups self raising flour (can be wholemeal or half of each)
¼-½ red capsicum
2-3 tablespoons of dry or fresh chives
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Method1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Prepare you muffin tray, if using a silicone tray, I find there is no need for greasing
3. Chop the vegetables using the thermomix - speed 5 / 5 secs / MC on
4. In a large bowl add the eggs, oil and milk and whisk to combine well
5. Add the vegetables, herbs and cheese and whisk to combine
6. Add the sifted flour and baking powder, use a broad spatula to gently combine the ingredients - do not over mix, just combine the ingredients
7. Spoon mixture evenly into a 12 hole muffin tray
8. Bake for 20 - 25 mins
Leave to cool for a few minutes then enjoy! They can be stored in an airtight container for two days or put into the freezer.